Fall 2017 Juvenile Justice State Campaigns Intern
State Campaigns Fellow (1 Fellow position): State Campaigns fellow will intern part time in the CFYJ office. Fellow responsibilities may include assisting staff with state campaign related activities and strategy development; assisting with the development of advocacy resources and tools; assisting with event planning and other grassroots mobilization activities; writing and editing feature stories and articles for the CFYJ blog; assisting with other specific projects in conjunction with the campaign’s other fellows; attending planning sessions and staff meetings. This Fellow will also work with the State Campaigns Director to coordinate and facilitate events and activities during Youth Justice Action Month (YJAM) in October.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an avid interest in juvenile justice reform and social justice movements;
- Has a particular interest in organizing and grassroots mobilizing, policy advocacy, and campaign-focused work;
- Is highly organized and detail oriented;
- Has excellent writing and communication skills;
- Is highly motivated and has a professional work ethic;
- Can work independently, problem solve, multi-task and take initiative;
- Has prior work or volunteer experience doing field work and/or working on a campaign;
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Office, advanced proficiency in social media
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter indicating your experience and interest in juvenile justice reform.
- List of two to three references.
- Writing sample (two to five pages).
Please submit your application materials as MS Word or PDF attachments. Include all attachments in a single email. Please include, “CFYJ Fall State Campaigns Fellow Application” in the subject line of your email.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08/06/2017
Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed as needed until the fellowships are filled.